Thursday 31 July 2014

Second try

Apologies for my triteness by if at first you don't succeed, try try again.  I'm at the airport again, attempting to go to Frankfurt once again.  I was hoping to have more time to get my bearings in Germany but this is also why I put in a reasonable buffer before August 4th.

I had an interested experience passing through security.  This is the first time I've traveled under the TSA's "pre-check" program.  It was kind of bewildering!  I think we've become very accustomed to the stress of pass through airport security and having to take everything off and everything out of out bags.  With pre-check, you don't have to remove your shoes or take your computer out of your bag.  Nor do you have to go through the full body scanner.  The lack of confusion actually caused me quite a bit of confusion, and the other busy-bodies around me were quite impatient.  I guess I'll be ready next time.

On the topic of checkpoints, I was kind of hoping to take a historic break at a checkpoint between Belgium and Germany when I passed through.  However, a colleague mentioned to me that it's very unlikely there will be another other than a sign indicating that I'm traveling between countries.  I don't feel very much disappointment there.

1 comment:

  1. I was always wondering about those pre-check programs. If it saves one from those obnoxiously long lines, then it's definitely worth it.

    ReplyDelete